Big Ben in Black and White - 28th May 2023
While organizing my photographs, I came across many pictures of Big Ben that I had taken from St Thomas' Hospital Gardens and Westminster Bridge. I have always felt that Big Ben possesses a special charm when viewed in black and white, so I would like to share a selection of those photographs in monochrome.
Big Ben and Westminster Bridge were completed in the 1860s, more than 160 years ago. At that time, Japan was still in the final years of the Edo period, with the Meiji Restoration yet to take place. Reflecting on this historical context, I am continually amazed that such beautiful and highly functional structures could be designed and constructed so long ago. They stand as remarkable examples of engineering, craftsmanship, and architectural vision.
European cities such as London are filled with historic buildings that have been preserved for generations. The city offers countless attractive locations for photography, and simply walking through its streets is a rewarding experience. Around every corner, there is something interesting to discover, making London a place that continually inspires both visitors and photographers alike.
Nikon D850 / AF Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED / f3.5 / 1/1600s / ISO100 / +2.0
Nikon D850 / AF Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED / f3.5 / 1/1000s / ISO100 / +0.7
Nikon D850 / AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED / f5 / 1/1250s / ISO100 / +0.7
Nikon D850 / AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED / f5 / 1/4000s / ISO100 / +0.7




Comments
Post a Comment