Wildflowers of Kamikochi - 9th - 12th Aug 2026
During our summer visit to Kamikochi, we were welcomed by an abundance of wild flowers—Geranium thunbergii, thistles, Silene stellatoidea, Dianthus shinanensis, Adenophora remotiflora, and Impatiens noli-tangere, just to name a few.
Taking a relaxed approach, we captured these blooms using a variety of cameras. My daughter shot with the E-M10, while I took the rest of the photos.
Although I only gave her a quick explanation of how to use Aperture Priority mode, she made full use of the kit lens and captured remarkably beautiful images. Her photo of the thistle, in particular, is so vivid that it almost leaps off the screen, conveying the very atmosphere of the moment. For my photos, I used a D850 and a D5500.
Sharing and looking through our photos together at the inn after a day of shooting was such a wonderful experience.
Adenophora Remotiflora : ソバナ(岨菜)
Nikon D5500 / AF-S 18-200mm F3.5-5.6G IF-ED II / f5.6 / 1/250s / ISO800 / 0.0
Dianthus Shinanensis : シナノナデシコ
Nikon D5500 / AF-S 18-200mm F3.5-5.6G IF-ED II / f5.6 / 1/100s / ISO800 / 0.0
Nikon D850 / AF-S 70-200mm F2.8G ED VR II / f3.5 / 1/800s / ISO400 / +2.0
Nikon D5500 / AF-S 18-200mm F3.5-5.6G IF-ED II / f3.5 / 1/200s / ISO800 / 0.0
Yellow Jewelweed : キツリフネ
Olympus E-M10 Mark III / M. 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ / f5.6 / 1/125s / ISO200 / 0.0
Geranium Thunbergii (taken by my daughter) : ゲンノショウコ
Olympus E-M10 Mark III / M. 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ / f5.6 / 1/125s / ISO200 / 0.0
Camera : Nikon D850 / D5500 / Olympusg E-M10 Mark III at DPREVIEW
Lens : AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II / AF-S 18-200mm F3.5-5.6G VR II / M. 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ at DPREVIEW








1枚目、一見、桔梗かと思いましたが花の向きが逆ですものね(無知を曝け出すようですが私の知識はその程度)。
ReplyDelete岨菜、綺麗ですね。 他の花も皆!。
さて、彼の地で、此れだけ草花に目が行く事は素晴らしいですね。
私なら、撮っても数コマの気がします。
Regarding the first photo — at first glance, I thought it was a bellflower/balloon flower, but the orientation of the blossoms is the other way around, isn't it? (I suppose I'm revealing my ignorance here, but that’s the extent of my knowledge.)
The *Sobana* is beautiful. In fact, all the flowers are!
It is wonderful that you are paying such close attention to the wildflowers and plants at that place, Kamikochi.
If it were me, I suspect I’d only take a few shots.
そう言って頂くとしっかり野花も撮ろうと意識していたようですが、実際は滞在最終日に天候が崩れ、雨模様となった為、無理をせずホテルの近場を散策する事にしたのです。それゆえ、足元の野花に目がいったというのが実情です。とはいえ、知らない花が多く、上高地のビジターセンターの方の講座に参加して教えて頂きました。
ReplyDeleteThank you for saying that. It seems that I had indeed been making a conscious effort to photograph wildflowers as well. However, in reality, the weather worsened on the final day of my stay and it became rainy, so I decided not to push myself and instead take a leisurely walk around the area near the hotel. As a result, my attention was naturally drawn to the wildflowers at my feet.
That said, there were many flowers that I did not recognize. Fortunately, I attended a lecture given by a staff member at the Kamikochi Visitor Center, where I learned about them and was kindly provided with explanations.